Interdepartmental Educational and Scientific Laboratory
Laboratory is created in frames of the project ENGITEC “Modernizing higher engineering education in Georgia, Ukraine and Uzbekistan to meet the technology challenge” (ENGITEC 530244-TEMPUS-1-2012-1-SE-TEMPUS-JPCR) under financial support of the EU TEMPUS Programme and is designed to perform educational and scientific tasks of training the students of engineering specialties.
Laboratory is equipped with complex for carrying out modal analysis of metal-cutting machine tools and machine devices with licensed software LabView:
Equipment of complex for carrying out modal analysis is used in training the students of the following specialties “Manufacturing Engineering”, “Metal-cutting Machines and Systems”, “Tool Production” on education and qualification levels:
• Experimental research methods of technological processes (laboratory work – 32 hours);
• Experimental research methods of cutting tools (laboratory work – 32 hours);
• Experimental research methods of metal-working equipment (laboratory work – 32 hours);
• Machine tools repairing and testing (laboratory work – 32 hours);
• Technological equipment of tool production (laboratory work – 22 hours);
• Auxiliary tool and machine equipment (laboratory work – 22 hours).
Implementation of complex for carrying out modal analysis in educational process allowed to improve training the students of engineering specialties:
• Implementation of practice-oriented approach involving the students in creation of experimental stands, manufacturing of study samples, research of new technology prototypes;
• Development of students’ professional skills while working with modern laboratory equipment and devices;
• Improvement of quality of students’ research, Bachelor’s and Master’s research papers performance.
On the basis of complex for carrying out modal analysis and machine devices with licensed software LabView young scientists have the opportunity to carry out science-based experiments, the results of which can be published in peer-reviewed journals with a high impact factor.
Thanks to completing the material base with modern research equipment and devices it is possible to extend the range of services for industrial enterprises, including:
• Monitoring of technical systems;
• Diagnostics of gears, bearings, rotors, turbines, etc.;
• Pilot testing of samples of new technology;
• Testing of building constructions and products from different materials.